When a custom app is released by a developer, there are two factors to consider. The first factor, availability scope, considers who can view and use the app in its entirety. The second factor, approval, is done by the company administrator who determines if the app is allowed on the platform.
When a developer releases a new app, they set the initial availability scope, but administrators can review and manage the availability scope afterwards.
- •Custom app: an app developed by company staff or authorized developers, for internal use.
- •Who can review and manage apps: Only company and app administrators can review and manage custom apps. Company administrators can assign others as app administrators in the Company Management Admin.
1. Submit your custom app for release.
2. Set the availability scope in the Availability status section.
3. Click Submit for release and wait for the administrator to review.
- •When setting Availability Settings, the organizational structure remains confidential. Users can only view their department's contact list.
- •When setting Availability Settings for departments that are not viewable, an exact search can be input to locate the appropriate department.
4. Enter the Admin page and select App Review. Click on the Approve button to approve the app.
5. Modify the Availability Settings if necessary by selecting the Change Availability button.
Note: Modify availability before adding reviewers.
6. Add other reviewers to the approval process if necessary.
Note: Once other reviewers approve, the new version will pass and the administrator will no longer be able to add additional reviewers.
7. Click on the Reject button if the app fails to meet the requirements.
8. Click on the developer's name to start a chat in Feishu if you have any questions.
9. Activate the Exempt Review option on the admin page if the administrator finds the app to be trustworthy. All subsequent versions of the app will be exempted from the review process.
Note: You can also configure the Custom App Automatic Approval Rules. When a custom app meets the specified conditions, the app will be exempted from the review process.
To set the rules, go to Workplace - Workplace Settings - More - Custom App Automatic Approval Rules.
- •When the Enable Automatic Approval switch is disabled, all custom apps have to be approved manually before publishing a new version. (You can still enable automatic approval for individual apps.)
- •When the Enable Automatic Approval switch is enabled, custom apps will be exempted from the manual review process, unless they hit the conditions you specify in this section.