When subtitles are turned on during calls or meetings, participants' voices will be automatically converted into text in real time. If the subtitle language selected by a participant doesn't match the language spoken by the current speaker, an automatic translation text will be generated in real time.
I. Feature highlights
- •Search, filter, or copy subtitles.
- •See screen and file sharing activity in subtitles.
- •View all subtitles at any time.
- •Real-time English-Chinese translation for subtitles.
Note: The minimum version required is V3.24 on Desktop app and V3.24 on Mobile (including iPad).
In a call or meeting, select More - Turn subtitles on to turn subtitles on.
On Desktop app, choose an option:
- •Click on the ... icon and go to Settings - Subtitle settings to select your spoken language and subtitle language.
- •Click on the ... icon and select Turn subtitles on. On the right sidebar, click Subtitles - Subtitle settings to select your spoken language and subtitle language.
On Mobile, turn subtitles on and click Subtitles to view all subtitles. At the top right, tap on the Subtitle settings icon to select your spoken language and subtitle language.
- •On Desktop app, click the Subtitles tab on the right sidebar, or simply click on the subtitles to view all subtitles.
- •On Mobile, tap the subtitles to view all subtitles.
- •When viewing all subtitles, you'll also see records of screen or file sharing activity. You can click on the link of a particular file to view it.
- 4.Search, filter, and copy subtitles
When viewing all subtitles, you can use the following features:
- •Search subtitles by keywords using the search box.
- •Select the filter icon to filter subtitles by participant.
- •On Desktop app, select a subtitle to copy it. On Mobile, press and hold a subtitle to copy it.
Q: What can be done to make subtitles more accurate?
A: Try one of three things:
- •Check if your subtitle language is correct.
- •Ask others to check if their spoken language is correct. For instance, if someone sets English as their spoken language and speaks in Chinese, the subtitles you see won't be as accurate.
- •Ask others to lean closer to their microphones when speaking or use earphones to improve the quality of their audio.
Q: Is there a translation?
A: Yes, Chinese-English translation is currently supported. For instance, if you select Chinese as your subtitle language, and the active speaker is speaking in English, their words will be automatically translated, and you'll see subtitles in Chinese.
Q: Is Japanese supported?
A: Not at the moment. We're working on providing this feature.
Q: Why aren't some participants on the list when I try to filter subtitles?
A: Only participants who spoke or shared content during the meeting will appear on the list.
Q: When do subtitles start being recorded?
A: Subtitles start being recorded when any participant turns them on.
Q: Can subtitles be recorded or livestreamed?
A: Not at the moment. We're working on it.
Q: Why don't I see the subtitles feature?
A: Check to make sure that you're using V3.24 or later. If you still don't see it, it's possible that the feature isn't enabled. You can ask your administrator to enable the feature in the admin console under Video Meetings - Meeting Settings.