The features described in this article have the following version requirements:
- •Feishu V3.21.4 or later on iOS and Android
- •Feishu V3.21.3 or later on Mac and Windows
1. If the app you use is below the required version, then you cannot access the features described in this article.
2. Only verified enterprise users can start livestreaming. .
You can now:
- •Sync a livestream started in Feishu to Douyin, Xigua Video, and other platforms.
- •Start livestreaming in a one-on-one call or in a video meeting, choose different layouts for your livestream, and set live chat and viewing permissions.
- •Participate in a live chat after logging in on the web to watch the livestream. If you started the livestream, you'll receive a system notification with the relevant statistics after the meeting ends.
1. Start livestreaming
Start livestreaming in a call
In a call, any participant can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. Select Start livestreaming to start. The call will automatically upgrade to a meeting, and the person who started livestreaming will become the meeting host.
Start livestreaming as the host in a meeting
First, the host needs to start a video meeting.
In a meeting, the host can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. Select Start livestreaming to start. All participants will be notified once the meeting is being livestreamed.
Ask the host to livestream in a meeting
Meeting participants can click Ask host to livestream to send a request to livestream the meeting. If the host approves the request, livestreaming will begin.
2. Select who can watch the livestream
- •The default option is Only people from my company can watch. This way, only people who are from the same company as you can watch the livestream.
- •You can also select Anyone can watch, which means that anyone with the link can watch the livestream without logging in to Feishu.
To select who can watch the livestream, the host can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. The host can also change this setting after livestreaming have started.
3. Choose a livestream layout
When starting a livestream or during the livestream, the host can choose different layouts for the livestream.
Currently, sidebar, gallery, and full screen layouts are available. If content is being shared, the default layout is sidebar.
- •Sidebar: Ideal for remote training and online events.
- •Gallery: Ideal for webinars and discussion groups. Up to 9 participant videos can be shown at a time.
- •Full screen: Ideal for classes and presentations. The speaker's video takes up the entire screen
4. Copy and share the livestream link
All participants in the call or meeting have access to the livestream link.
The host can click the More icon and select Livestream > Copy livestream link to copy the link to the clipboard.
5. Choose whether to enable live chat
While starting a livestream or during the livestream, the host can choose whether to enable the live chat feature.
If the live chat feature is disabled, viewers won't be able to use the live chat while watching the livestream. If the host enables the feature during the livestream, the webpage will refresh in real time, and viewers will be able to use the live chat.
6. Sync the livestream to other platforms
Associate a Douyin or Xigua Video account
Note: This feature is only available on Desktop. To associate an account successfully, go to the corresponding platform and complete verification first.
In a meeting, the host can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. Select Sync livestream to other platforms - Associate account. The host can then associate a Douyin or Xigua Video account by scanning a QR code or logging in.
After associating an account, the host can enable syncing to sync the livestream to the corresponding platform under that account. Syncing can be enabled or disabled in Feishu at any time while livestreaming.
Note: When syncing a Feishu livestream to Douyin or Xigua Video, please don't start a new livestream on the platform. If you do, the Feishu livestream will be replaced.
Viewers can search for the associated account in the Douyin app and click on the profile photo to view the Feishu livestream that's being synced. Currently, interaction that occurs in Douyin can't be displayed in Feishu.
Viewers can search for the associated account in the Xigua Video app and click on the profile photo to view the Feishu livestream that's being synced. Currently, interaction that occurs in Xigua Video can't be displayed on Feishu.
Note: The host can sync a livestream to platforms other than Douyin and Xigua Video by entering the corresponding server URL. This feature is only available on Desktop.
The host can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. Select Sync livestream to other platforms - Add. Enter the platform name, server URL, livestream key, and click Save configuration.
After the configuration is saved, the host can enable syncing to the platform they've added. Syncing can be enabled or disabled in Feishu at any time while livestreaming.
7. Stop livestreaming
The host can click the More icon and select Livestream to open livestream settings. Select Stop livestreaming. All participants will be notified when the livestream stops. If a meeting that's being livestreamed ends, livestreaming will also stop.
8. Participate in a live chat
If the host selects Anyone can watch, anyone with the link can open the livestream link in a browser and watch the livestream without logging in to Feishu.
While watching the livestream, viewers can choose to log in to their Feishu account and participate in the live chat for the livestream. Live chat messages sent by viewers on the web are synced to the chat in the call or meeting being livestreamed, so participants can see them as well.
Before livestreaming starts
Livestreaming in progress
Setting a nickname and participating in the live chat
If the host selects Only people from my company can watch, viewers can open the livestream link in a browser and log in to watch the livestream. People who aren't from the same company as the host will not be able to watch the livestream.
9. Manage the live chat
The host can open the livestream link in a browser and log in to manage the live chat. Select a message and click the More icon to see a list of options.
- •Click Pin to pin a message to the top of the live chat.
- •Click Delete to delete a message from the chat. The host can use the drop-down menu at the top right to view a list of all deleted messages.
- •Click Ban to ban the sender of a message from sending more messages while watching the livestream. The host can use the drop-down menu at the top right to view a list of all banned users. Click Remove ban to allow a user to send messages again.
10. Livestream a Calendar event
You can generate a livestream link before an event starts to share with people in advance.
To livestream a Calendar event:
1. Create an event in Calendar and invite guests.
2. Join the video meeting from the event and copy the livestream link.
3. Share the livestream link and time with anyone who is welcome to watch the livestream.
4. Before the event starts, join the video meeting and adjust your microphone and camera.
5. When it's time for the event to start, click the More icon in the control bar and select Start livestreaming.
6. People who have the livestream link can open it in a web browser, log in to their accounts and watch the livestream.
. Livestream statistics
After a livestream ends, the person who started the livestream now receives a system notification via Calls and Meetings Assistant with the relevant statistics.
The statistics include: date, duration, cumulative viewers, total views, peak concurrent viewers, number of live chat participants, and number of live chat messages.
Q: Can livestream viewers participate in a meeting?
A: No. Livestream viewers can only watch the meeting livestream.
Q: What happens if the person who starts livestreaming is no longer the host?
A: If the original host makes a participant with a verified enterprise account the new host, the livestream will continue. If the host leaves the meeting unexpectedly, the system will automatically assign a new host. If there's no verified enterprise user in the meeting, the livestream will stop.
Q: Can I share my screen or a document while the meeting is being livestreamed?
A: Yes, you can.
Q: What can livestream viewers see?
A: Livestream viewers can see the video of meeting participants and the shared screen.
Q: Can I generate a livestream link before I start a meeting?
A: Currently, you can't generate a livestream link before you start a meeting. If you want to access the livestream link in advance, see the above section: Livestream a Calendar event.
Q: I've enabled syncing to Douyin. Why can't viewers watch my livestream?
A: Go to Privacy and settings - Privacy and safety and check if you've enabled Private account. If you have, please disable this feature.
Q: Are there browser requirements for watching a livestream?
A: To optimize your viewing experience, please use the latest version of a common browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. For more details, please refer to