I. Feature highlights
- •Multiple file types supported: You can now share Feishu Docs or Sheets in a video meeting. Also, you can import different types of files to share.
- •Instant viewing at your own pace: When a file is being shared, you can click anywhere or scroll to view it at your own pace. Or simply click To presenter to follow the person who's sharing.
- •Switching between presenters with ease: The current presenter can pass on sharing to someone else without restarting the session, keeping everyone engaged. Switch seamlessly, collaborate smoothly.
- •Real-time collaboration: Meeting participants can leave comments or co-edit the shared content at the same time. This way, everyone can participate in the discussion and interact remotely in real time.
Note: The minimum version required is V3.24 on desktop and V3.24 on mobile (including iPad).
We often need to share content during a video meeting, but some issues can come up. You might have a hard time finding the file you want to share, or there might be message notifications that you don't want other participants to see. This could mean you have to switch between a lot of different windows. You might also find it difficult to read content shared by others when the resolution is poor. With all this in mind, we've developed the Magic Share feature to bring you a smooth, productive sharing experience.
1.1 Use the Magic Share icon to start sharing
Magic Share supports many file types. In addition to Feishu Docs or Sheets, you can also share Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files.
In a video meeting, click the Share button on the control bar to choose what you'd like to share.
- •Click the Magic Share icon to share Feishu Docs or Sheets.
- •Click the Import tab to import Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF files:
- ◦Click Upload local files and select a file to upload. While the file is being uploaded, you can cancel the upload at any time.
- ◦If the upload is successful, you can click on the file to start sharing. If the upload isn't successful, click the Retry button to try again.
Tap More - Share content and choose from a list of recommended files to share under Share Docs. Tap a file to start sharing.
Note: Currently, you can't upload files to share on mobile.
1.2 Use search to start sharing
You can enter keywords in the search box at the top right to look for a particular file. In the results that show up, click on a file to start sharing. All Feishu Docs or Sheets, as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files stored in your Feishu Docs can be searched.
To the right of Share Docs, tap the More button. Enter keywords in the search box at the top right to look for a particular file. In the results that show up, tap on a file to start sharing.
1.3 Create new Docs to start sharing
When everyone in a meeting needs to collaborate on a file from scratch, you can click New Docs to create a Doc or Sheet and start sharing it (you'll be the owner of the file). Everyone in the meeting will have edit permission, and you'll all be able to co-edit the file in real time.
Tap More - Share content and select New Docs to create a Doc or Sheet and start sharing it.
Once a participant starts sharing a file, everyone in the meeting will be able to see it on their screens.
What the person sharing sees
What other participants see
2.1 Follow the presenter
Click To presenter to follow the presenter's pace when viewing the file.
2.2 View at your own pace
Simply click anywhere or scroll to view the file at your own pace.
2.3 Take over sharing
Click Take control to take over sharing the file.
You'll be prompted to confirm taking over. Once you start sharing, other participants will follow your pace when viewing the file.
2.4 Copy the link to the file
Click Copy file link to copy the link to the file that's being shared. You can then share the link with others.
2.5 Pass on sharing
Click Pass on sharing to have someone else take over sharing the file. You'll need to update your app to the minimum version required for this feature first.
2.6 Stop sharing
Click the Stop sharing button at any time to stop sharing.
Q: If I pass on sharing to someone else, will this change what other participants see?
A: Participants who're following the presenter will see what the new presenter sees. Participants who are viewing the file at their own pace will remain where they are.
Q: How do I pass on sharing to someone else?
A: Click Pass on sharing on the control bar at the top. Select a participant and click on their name to have them take over sharing the file.
Q: Will participants see what I see if I click on a link in the file I'm sharing?
A: Yes, everyone will be able to see the content that the link leads to. You'll also see a Back arrow appear at the top - click on it to return to the last item that was shared.
Q: Why can't I find the file I want to share?
A: If you want to share a file from your device, you'll have to go to the Import tab and upload it first. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files are supported. If you want to share Feishu Docs, click the Magic Share icon or search for the file using the search box.
Q: Are there version and system requirements?
A: Yes. You'll need to update Feishu to 3.24 or later, and make sure the following system requirements are met:
- ◦Windows: Windows 7 or later
- ◦Mac: macOS 10.11 or later
- ◦Android: Android 8.0 or later, with at least 3 GB of memory
Q: Who is the owner of new Docs created for Magic Share?
A: The person who created the file is its owner. Everyone in the meeting will have edit permission.
Q: Why can't I edit a file that was imported for Magic Share?
A: When local files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF files) are imported for Magic Share, participants can only view and comment, and can't edit the file. The person who imported the file is its owner.